Pakistan Online News, Education and Entertainment forum. Pak Book
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer Empty
Latest topics
»  The White-Black Color Match
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 am by cocosoup1102

» Windows 7 Themes New Collection (Icons Gadgets) [September Update Link]
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:26 pm by drewal

» Pagal Wot.com
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:46 am by drewal

» Nutrimind 2012 Torrent
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:01 am by drewal

» RarLab WinRAR V3.90 Cracked-EAT
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 am by drewal

» Topaz ReMask V3.1.0 Incl Keymaker-CORE
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyFri May 30, 2014 3:17 pm by drewal

» Painkiller Redemption Repack [tfile.ru]
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:36 am by drewal

» Pretty Database Explorer 1.4.0.123 - Connect To Various Databases
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:25 pm by drewal

» Topaz ReMask V3.1.0 Incl Keymaker-CORE
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:16 pm by drewal

» 3D PageFlip For PowerPoint V1.0.0 Portable{worldend}{h33t}
bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm by drewal

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and Share

Bookmark and share the address of Pakistan Online News, Education and Entertainment forum. Pak Book on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer

Go down

bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer Empty bukhari hadiths about tarawih prayer

Post  kuki Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:19 am

In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful.

Dear brothers and sisters,
ALLAH has commanded us in the holy Quran that we should follow and copy prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) in every sphere of life. So ALLAH says in the holy Quran;

" Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah, and whoever turns back, so We have not sent you as a keeper over them." (4:80)

and...

" Ye have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah. " (33:21)

Now let see what Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) said or showed about Tarawih prayer.

Following is the hadith which tells us that in ramadan or in any other month prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) used to offer11 rakats of Isha prayer

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.769
Narrated by Abu Salama bin Abdur Rahman
That he asked 'Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Apostle in the month of Ramadan?" She replied, "He used not to pray more than eleven Rakat whether in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to offer four Rakat, let alone their beauty and length, and then four Rakat, let alone their beauty and length. Afterwards he would offer three Rakat. I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Do you go to bed before offering the Witr prayer?' He said, 'My eyes sleep, but my heart does not sleep.' "

Now read following hadiths which clearly show that Tarwih prayer is a nafal prayer and it should be offer at home individually.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 1.698
Narrated byZaid bin Thabit
Allah's Apostle made a small room in the month of Ramadan (Sa'id said, "I think that Zaid bin Thabit said that it was made of a mat") and he prayed there for a few nights, and so some of his companions prayed behind him. When he came to know about it, he kept on sitting. In the morning, he went out to them and said, "I have seen and understood what you did. You should pray in your houses, for the best prayer of a person is that which he prays in his house except the compulsory prayers."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.134
Narrated byZaid bin Thabit

Allah's Apostle made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). Allah's Apostle came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but Allah's Apostle delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, "You are still insisting (on your deed, i.e. Tarawih prayer in the mosque) that I thought that this prayer (Tarawih) might become obligatory on you. So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 3.229
Narrated byUrsa

That he was informed by 'Aisha, "Allah's Apostle went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah's Apostle came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah's Apostle died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually)."

Now why we have made tarawih a compulsory prayer and we offer it in mosque in congregation?
is it sunna?
No.the above mention hadith clearly shows that taraweeh is a nafal prayer and must be offered in the house.
But why we offer it in the mosque in congregation?
The answer is bitter but very true. we follow the act of hazrat Umar( may ALLAH pleased with him) who himself called it biddat( Bid'a). and you should know that each biddat earns fire.
i would like to quote hadith which reveal the above mentioned fact.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 3.227
Narrated byAbu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, "Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate." 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one qari (reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

Now it is obvious from the above hadith that Umar(may ALLAH pleased with him) called the congregation of Tarawih prayer as Biddat(Bid'a) as he for the first time ordered it in his caliphate and interestingly he did not join the congregation ,so did his companion.
think about it
regards

kuki

Back to top Go down